Friday, September 9, 2011

14 more shave biopsies...

I went in on 9/7/11 to get some more of these atypical moles removed.  She did a shave biopsy on 14 of them. 
1-Right toe (closest to big toe)
1-Top of left foot
1-Chest
1-Top of left hand
1-Left wrist
1-Middle of right arm (right in the elbow crease)
1-Right forearm
1-Left Shoulder
1-Upper middle of back
2-Left booty cheek
1-Right booty cheek
2-Lower left abdominal area

Phew!  They put a "blocker" in the injection so the burning wasn't so intense.  Um, why don't they always do that?  I had to ask about it.  I guess they would've given me Adavant but I didn't have a driver.  It wasn't too bad, the worse was my toe and top of my foot.  Still nothing has been as bad as when I had one on the bottom of my foot taken off.

I did tell my derm (I don't have an oncologist as my melanoma was caught in-situ) about my vision, memory, and lightheadedness, is that even a word, ha!  She then referred me to internal medicine as it didn't seem normal to her.
They had made an 11:00 appt for me that same day.  Ugggh, I spent 2 hours there only to be assessed and still have to go in for a brain MRI on Monday night at 8:00.  Odd time for an MRI, but hey I don't have to miss work (again).  Also Internal Medicine referred me to neurology, so I'm going to get some 10 page packet in the mail and have to send it back in before they make my appointment.  I pray its just "getting old and post pregnancy" brain.  ***fingers crossed***

Good Lord, I have enough paperwork mumbo jumbo with my kids and their activities/daycare.  Blah.  O'well I'll do whatever they say.  I'll just await my biopsies and hope they are all just Atypical and be glad they are off.  I still have a bunch more, so we'll see if I get another "batch" of them off in the future.  It is now getting easier to monitor them at least.

I'll update with the findings on my 14 biopsies as soon as I hear.

No comments: